
Selina Claire (nn Lina) was born yesterday morning around 10:30 (I have the exact time written down somewhere).
The midwife (Jen) came by around 7:30 and I was 7cm, so she stayed, and called the nurse to come over. I'm not sure what time it was that she checked my progress again and I was 9cm, so she went ahead and broke my water. There were chunks of mecconium in the fluid, which is a risk for aspiration, so we had to transfer to the hospital. I put clothes on, we left the nurse to pack up Jen's supplies & close the house and Jen jumped in the car with us. Thankfully we're only about 5 min from the hospital, but I've never noticed how bumpy that road is LOL. Jen had called ahead & found out what room we were going to so she got me in the wheel chair & literally ran me to the room. No idea what time we got there, but it wasn't very long before I was ready to push, and I didn't push very long before Selina was born. I held her for a few minutes and then the NICU people checked to make sure she hadn't aspirated any meconium, then I got her back. And a little later they weighed her and such. She weighed 8lb 12.3oz and I think was 20" long (I'm horrible at remembering numbers, it's written down somewhere)
Jen called the ped. they normally use for hospital deliveries (since my ped is too far away) and arranged for her to come check Lina that evening and then discharge both of us. So we hung out at the hospital for the afternoon. The nurses were really sweet, actually seemed to enjoy the girls' endless chatter & questions. And when they did Lina's footprints they had the girls come do hand prints and made me a sheet with all 3 of my girls' handprints on it and also did an extra page with a Lina footprint for each of the big girls. Mom and Dad got there about 1/2 hr after Lina was born. I figured the girls would be bored and ready to go back to the house w/ mom & dad, but they wanted to hang out at the hospital and hold Lina, so Mom & Dad took them to Taco Bell for lunch, and then came back until 6pm or so.
Naturally Lina slept all afternoon at the hospital and was awake most of the night. Which wouldn't have been SO bad except I think her tummy was bothering her abit she'd nurse for a while and then not want to nurse and she really wanted to be walked & I just didn't have the stamina for that, did lots of sitting on the edge of the bed rocking her and finally got her to sleep for longer stretches by letting her sleep on my chest (which is how the big girls slept best as newborns too).
So everything is going well. Lina's been nursing alot more today, the girls are less than thrilled that she's not as content to sleep on their laps for hours on end LOL.
Tomorrow is the big girls' birthday, so Grandmom and Aunt Lynette & Uncle Dave are coming up for that. Of course I procrastinated as usual and was planning to clean yesterday & today, so my mom's been doing that for me today.

11 comments:
thanks Laree, was fun to read! congrats to the whole family! so exciting!
Congratulations! She is a wonderful addition to a beautiful family!
Have fun!
She is just precious :)
Congratulations! She is precious!!!
Congratulations! She is beautiful. I hope you enjoy and get some sleep!
Oh LaRee! She's lovely. I just about cried when you wrote about having all your girls handprints on one sheet of paper! That is awesome!
Wow! I am so excited for you! Deanna loves being the big sister and I expect your girls will to! Some nurses can be so cool with new siblings! Congrats!!
Congratulations! She is very sweet! Glad everything went well, despite the rush to the hospital.
Warmly,
~Melissa
I love, love a long birth story - but how awesome that you got to have such a SHORT birth story!! How great that you had such sweet nurses at the hospital too. Can't wait to meet Miss Lina!
Congratulations! She is beautiful. Enjoy! Lisa
Congrats!! She is georgeous!
Post a Comment